At tiag.net, we respect our visitors and understand that you are concerned about privacy. The purpose of this privacy notice is to let you know what kind of information we collect, how we use it, with whom it may be shared, what choices you have regarding our use of your information, and how you may review and change some of the data you provide to us.
Information we collect
We collect or otherwise obtain information relating to you in a variety of ways. Such information may include personal data, i.e., information that alone or in combination with other information identifies or can be reasonably linked to you as an individual.
The information we may gather about you includes:
Information you provide. We may ask you to provide, or you may choose to provide, information such as (but not limited to) your name, email address, phone number, professional information (e.g., industry, company, and job title), demographic information, and geographic location. Such information may be provided to us at various times, including:
- When you register for or attend TIAG-hosted or sponsored events, such as webinars, conferences, and seminars;
- When you request copies of TIAG reports or publications; and
- When you request information about or receive products and services from TIAG.
TIAG may also collect information about you via:
- Email or newsletter subscriptions: TIAG’s marketing emails to our business contacts may use pixel tags, web beacons, and/or HTML-formatted email messages that track and report back to TIAG the actions recipients take in response to our emails (e.g., whether a message has been opened, read, or deleted).
- Website or social media activity: TIAG may, through various tools and technologies, collect information about you when you follow, post comments on, or otherwise interact with us on tiag.net, TIAG’s social media channels, or TIAG’s advertising or marketing posts on other websites or platforms.
Please note that social media sites or websites hosted by a third party other than TIAG may also collect information about you. You should review those third parties’ privacy statements to understand how and when they will collect and use your data.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- recognize you when you return to the site;
- improve and personalize your experience on our site;
- provide you with customized advertising; and
- monitor site usage and analyze the behavior of site visitors.
How we use your information
TIAG will use your information to respond to your communications or inquiries, provide information or publications you request, interact with you on social media, and register you for TIAG-sponsored events.
Marketing of TIAG Services: TIAG does not provide services directly to the general public, but instead provides its services to other companies, institutions, and government agencies. Accordingly, we may use your data to market our services to you, as an employee of an existing client or prospective client entity, including to provide you with promotional materials or offers for products and services from TIAG (including communications based on your interests, personal and business characteristics, and location), or send you other communications about TIAG’s business and events.
TIAG may send marketing-related communications to individuals who have requested them, or individuals in key roles at current or prospective clients who we believe may be interested in TIAG’s services. We may provide these communications and offers in various ways, including via email, postal mail, social media platforms, and text or direct messages.
In addition to the purposes above, we may also use your information:
- for our internal business purposes, such as corporate transactions, audits, data analysis, to conduct research and analytics about your use and interaction with us, develop new products, improve existing products or services, identify trends, assess the performance of our marketing, optimize our marketing campaigns, and determine the effectiveness of our communications;
- protect the rights, safety, property, or operations of TIAG or our affiliates, you, or others; and
- comply with applicable law and respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
We will not use your personal data to advertise, promote, or market third-party goods or services to you. We will never sell personal data received to third parties.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data. While we use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data submitted through our websites.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Additional Privacy Information
Transfer of Data
We are based in the United States and any personal data collected from this website may be transferred to and processed within the U.S. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in the U.S. may not be equivalent to those in your home country. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, and/or processing of data.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998 (COPPA). We do not direct the site to, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children. This website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on a Do Not Track signal in their browser, the browser sends a message to websites requesting that they do not track the user. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org