Senior Client Engagement Executive
“I like to listen and interact with people to discuss complex issues, and learn about what they’re doing or want to do to solve their problems. My goal — my role — in business development is to help the people I serve to be successful. My approach is to roll my sleeves up, build strong relationships, earn their trust, and make them look good.”~ Steve Vincent
During his 28-year public-service career, Steve led teams of several hundred people and managed budgets exceeding $20 million. Steve’s problem-solving aptitude and passion for public service inspired his current focus on tiag business-development initiatives. His keen focus is on helping the people he serves to be successful by resolving their specific challenges. He is known for leaving his ego at the door, listening intently to the customer, building strong relationships with stakeholders, and maximizing resources to achieve the customer’s goals.
Steve originally applied his expertise to advance tiag’s clinical informatics work with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and National Center for Telehealth & Technology (T2), a component of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury. A stalwart advocate for veterans, Steve also collaborated with Bellevue College on the U.S. Department of Labor-funded Health e-Workforce Consortium that trains service members and others for health IT careers. Steve co-presented at regional and national level events to educate employers and veterans about the value of this program.
In his role as a business advisor, Steve brings experience gained from a 25-year U.S. Navy career during which he mastered progressively complex leadership roles. Among other assignments, he was captain and commanding officer of Navy Operational Support Center, leading military and civilian teams to improve organizational effectiveness. Steve also served as the Navy’s northwest region liaison to the 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Hire America’s Heroes. At the Pentagon, as deputy director of the Navy’s business operations unit within the office of the vice chief of naval operations, Steve helped implement strategic process improvements across multiple business lines. As commanding officer of USS Germantown, he directed management and operations of the Navy warship. Throughout his military service, Steve helped transform organizational culture by instituting best practices, simultaneously managing succession plans to ensure continuity in high-turnover environments.
Education, Certifications, and Honors
- Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies — Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island
- Master of Arts, Political Science — University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Graduate Certificate, Information Security & Risk Management — University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts, Law & Society — University of California-Santa Barbara, California
- Project Management Professional (PMP) — Project Management Institute
- Certified Associate, Healthcare Information (CAHIMS) — Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Legion of Merit recipient (one Gold Star)
- Meritorious Service Medal recipient (MSM, two Gold Stars)
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recipient (four Gold Stars)
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal recipient (three Gold Stars)